Monday, December 7, 2009

Taking the "good" food for granted.

It's funny how the foods that we eat everyday influence the way we feel and operate. I have always known that the healthier we eat, the better we will feel. Until recently,each day my diet consisted of Pepsi, greasy foods, fast food, and sugar, a lot of sugar. Last week I began getting a severe pain in my right side. I went to the doctor and was referred to a surgeon. The surgeon thought that it could be my gallbladder, but I am still going through tests to figure out what it is. He told me to change my diet and cut out caffeine, greasy food, and carbs. It is a very hard thing to do, since I depended on caffeine on a daily basis. My meals use to consist of a lot of fatty, unhealthy items that left me feeling gross, but now my meals have to consist of water, apples, and vegetables. It is a major change, but I am slowly getting use to it. The lesson I have learned from this all is to take care of your body and your health should stay good. I don't know the results of all my medical tests yet, but it has helped me realize that I am what I eat. I will keep you posted. Until next time...-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment