Monday, November 23, 2009

Response for Sara

When I work out I like to do a mixture of cardio and weights.

I Always begin with at least 20-30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. I found that trying to maintain 45-60 minutes of cardio each time I would work out, and adding weights on top of it, made me look forward to working out less, so I shortened the cardio time but increased the intensity. You want to make sure you work up a sweat and get your blood pumping.

After a cool down I move on to weights. For arms I focus on three main muscle groups: Biceps, triceps and deltoids. I use free weights or machines depending on the kind of mood I am in I guess. Usually I work all three groups in one session. Since muscles need recovery time, I spend the next day toning my legs.

Sara, since you are interested in toning your arms, you may want to just work on a specific muscle group or two each day and just alternate between workouts. As far as what exercises to do….good lord there are so many. When I first started toning my arms I did your basic bicep curls, lateral raises for deltoids and triceps extensions. I do four sets of basically however many reps possible.

Since I started, I have added on different exercises to my routine to target the different muscles in each group as well as back muscles (I feel like they are neglected). But those three exercises were a good starting point for me and it didn’t take long for me to notice changes.

I know you said you have your diet set, but I usually drink a protein shake right after a workout.

Hope it helps,
Margot

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Margot. I plan on using trying out all of your tips right after break. I need all the help I can get!
    *sara

    ReplyDelete