Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hectic schedule? A few health tips...

Since school has started getting a little more hectic and final projects and one hundred page papers are due sooner than we know...working out has fallen to the bottom of my to-do list. I usually try and work out at least three times a week for a good hour or two each time. Lately , I have neglected working out all together and have had to improvise by eating healthier and drinking a lot more water.
I now have to spend more time to think about what I can eat that won't add on the pounds while I am not working out as much. I have started to get a lot more foods that are high in fiber when I go to the grocery store. High fiber cereals, breakfast bars and even high fiber lemonade packets to add to my water keep my metabolism up to speed. Another personal favorite is the Steamers bags of veggies...if you like vegetables they are so convenient!
Longer hours on campus during these last few weeks of school can also mean you have limited options for a snack or a decent meal. If I know that I am going to be on campus for a long time I try to pack a small portion of either cereal or another healthy snack along with a couple waters or crystal light energy drink(10 cals total and ZERO grams of sugar and it's delicious!). Most importantly, I leave the debit card AT HOME! When I bring it with I am tempted to buy cappuccinos, bagels..which are secretly terrible for you, snacks from the convenience store, etc. Healthy snacking throughout the day is great for your metabolism and lowers your appetite.
During these last few weeks of school, be prepared and make healthy decisions. Although you may not be able to squeeze in an hour of cardio, you will feel better knowing you picked the apple over the bag of chips from the vending machine today! Plan ahead, don't let school completely take over your ability to live healthy :-)

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment